Wood Pole Inspection
Power companies, schools, and municipalities nationwide rely on dependable wood utility poles. A blackout or a downed power pole would spell disaster at a big game, sold-out event, or busy intersection. Safety, dependability, and liability are key concerns for owners of wood utility poles, telephone poles, athletic field poles, rope course poles and ballfield poles. Wood pole inspection and pole maintenance services result in regulatory compliance and dependable power.
Remove Liability and Improve System Dependability
Inspections reduce liability and improve system dependability. Clients save money by replacing the poles that fall below ANSI standard, rather than replacing all poles in a line once the poles hit a certain age. As a result, clients avoid time-consuming and costly excavation and pole replacement.
Comprehensive Utility Services
Karcz Utility Service performs power pole inspections and underground transformer maintenance throughout the Midwest. As a forward-thinking organization, Karcz Utility Service has developed new equipment, techniques, and technology for utility pole inspection and maintenance. Backed by decades of knowledge and experience in the field, Karcz Utility Service provides comprehensive utility services.
Custom Pole Inspection, Treatment, Rehab
Each utility has a unique blend of pole species, treatment types, soil conditions, and climate. Therefore, Karcz customizes its utility pole inspection, treatment and rehabilitation plans to get the most life out of a pole. A commonly used one-size-fits-all approach treats poles that do not need treatment and treats other species of poles with the wrong treatments. In contrast, Karcz identifies the species of tree the pole was made from and the treatment the pole received from the pole manufacturer. Afterward, Karcz determines what, if any, remedial treatments to use.
Add life to your utility system with power pole inspection and maintenance
Install Safety Features on Power Poles
- Install ID tags and Warning High Voltage sign
- Install guy markers and inspect guy anchors
- Cut off excess guy tails and remove old guy anchors in the right of way
- Remove old pole butts and/or fill in old pole butt holes that create a hazard
- Install protective bear guard
Repair/Replace Power Poles
- Repair meter housings
- Repair/replace broken U-guards
- Repair utility ground
- Apply protective preservative to power poles
- Reinforce poles that would otherwise need to be replaced
Inspect and Test Equipment
- Inspect lines and report code violations
- Inspect meters and install meters
- Test ground resistance (OHM)
- Measure line sag
Document Power Systems
- Create GPS maps & GIS surveys of utility systems
- Record inventory utility assets (construction units)
- Photograph utility systems
- Build power system connectivity model for OMS
Perform Joint Use Audits
- Eliminate favoritism through neutral third-party inspection
- Use GPS coordinates and photos for accurate documentation
- Enable owners to charge users a fair share
Contact Us for Utility Services
Karcz Utility Service is a high-quality, efficient, and forward-thinking contractor whose crews provide expert utility services. Contact us today to solve your utility system problems for power poles and distribution power grids.